PALMER, Alaska (AP) — A man suspected of stealing fuel from airplanes at an airstrip south of Palmer has been arrested.
Alaska State Troopers say 38-year-old Michael Paul Scott of Palmer is being held on suspicion of criminal mischief and five counts of attempted criminal mischief.
Troopers Sunday night took a 911 call reporting a man stealing fuel from airplanes at the Butte Airstrip. The man was gone by the time troopers reached the air strip but the caller turned over photos taken of the suspect and his truck.
On Monday afternoon, troopers on patrol spotted the suspect and his truck in Palmer and stopped him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
A trooper arrested Scott and impounded the truck.
He remains jailed at Mat-Su Pretrial Facility in Palmer. Online court documents do not list filed charges or his attorney.