MIAMI (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol says five people are dead and two others are injured following an early morning wrong-way crash on Interstate 95 near Miami.
The crash happened around 1 a.m. Wednesday in a northbound I-95 express lane.
Trooper Joe Sanchez tells local news outlets that a woman in a pickup truck was traveling southbound in the express lane. Her truck sideswiped one vehicle and hit another head-on. Four adults in a sedan were killed in the crash. The pickup driver also died.
The conditions of the two people taken to the hospital weren’t immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Vaccine etiquette: A guide to politely navigating this new phase of the pandemic
- Beloved N.C. teacher's double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
All lanes of northbound I-95 have been shut down since the crash as troopers investigate.
The names of the victims haven’t been released.