MIAMI (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol says five people are dead and two others are injured following an early morning wrong-way crash on Interstate 95 near Miami.
The crash happened around 1 a.m. Wednesday in a northbound I-95 express lane.
Trooper Joe Sanchez tells local news outlets that a woman in a pickup truck was traveling southbound in the express lane. Her truck sideswiped one vehicle and hit another head-on. Four adults in a sedan were killed in the crash. The pickup driver also died.
The conditions of the two people taken to the hospital weren’t immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At Pentagon, fears grow that Trump will pull military into election unrest
- Trump taps 'eminently qualified' Barrett for Supreme Court WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support VIEW
- Her words: Amy Coney Barrett on faith, precedent, abortion
All lanes of northbound I-95 have been shut down since the crash as troopers investigate.
The names of the victims haven’t been released.