OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A police pursuit in Oklahoma City that included a rolling gun battle between the fleeing driver and a state trooper ended when the driver crashed his pickup.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol Capt. Paul Timmons says the chase began about 2:50 a.m. Thursday when an officer tried to stop the truck for driving with a flat tire.
Timmons says the driver refused to stop and fired at the pursuing officer. He says a state trooper then joined the pursuit, and was also fired on by the driver. The trooper returned fire, striking the driver in the shoulder.
Authorities say the driver was hospitalized in good condition and a female passenger was hospitalized in critical condition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
No names have been released.