LONDON, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky man has been fatally shot by deputies after authorities said he fired first at the officers.
Kentucky trooper Lloyd Cochran tells news outlets that Laurel County sheriff’s deputies were called to a home Sunday afternoon on reports of a man shooting a gun outside.
Responding deputies told 45-year-old Anthony S. McDaniel to drop his weapon. Cochran says McDaniel refused, and shot at the officers, hitting a police cruiser. The deputies then opened fire and McDaniel was pronounced dead at the scene.
All the deputies involved have been placed on administrative leave while Kentucky State Police investigate. Additional details haven’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says