DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) — A Dubuque man has pleaded not guilty to killing a woman who police say he met just hours earlier.
Court records say 36-year-old Michael Piantieri entered the plea last week in Dubuque County District Court in Dubuque. Court records say his trial on the charge of first-degree murder is scheduled to begin Feb. 20.
Police say he killed 42-year-old Beverly Puccio, who was found dead inside her home late Dec. 3.
The court records say surveillance video showed Puccio and Piantieri at a bar Dec. 2 and that they left about 8 p.m. in a cab that took them to her home. The records say he denied going into Puccio’s home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- One scandal too many: British PM Boris Johnson resigns
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Cancer drug greatly reduces deaths in hospitalized COVID patients
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge