MADISON, Neb. (AP) — A February trial has been scheduled for a man accused of stabbing to death a neighbor at a northeast Nebraska apartment complex.
Court records say 49-year-old Rodolfo Castaneda-Morejon pleaded not guilty Tuesday in Madison County District Court in Madison. His trial is set to begin Feb. 12.
Castaneda-Morejon is accused of killing 39-year-old Yosvanis Velazquez Gomez at the Norfolk complex on Aug. 25.
Court records say Castaneda-Morejon told investigators he confronted Gomez about an inappropriate text message sent to Castaneda-Morejon’s girlfriend, suspecting the two were having a secret relationship. The records also say Castaneda-Morejon acknowledged stabbing Velazquez Gomez several times.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground