IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — A March trial has been scheduled for an Iowa City man accused of fatally beating his father.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen reports that Flannery Kennedy-Meier has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder. His trial is set to begin March 13.
Kennedy-Meier was arrested Nov. 13 after police were called to a residence and found 63-year-old Mark Meier injured. Officers say Kennedy-Meier, of Iowa City, had hit his father in the head with a weapon, causing a skull fracture and brain bleed.
Meier died of his injuries on Dec. 4, and an autopsy blamed the November beating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Correction: 3D Gun-Lawsuit story WATCH
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
Information from: Iowa City Press-Citizen, http://www.press-citizen.com/