IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — A March trial has been scheduled for an Iowa City man accused of fatally beating his father.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen reports that Flannery Kennedy-Meier has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder. His trial is set to begin March 13.
Kennedy-Meier was arrested Nov. 13 after police were called to a residence and found 63-year-old Mark Meier injured. Officers say Kennedy-Meier, of Iowa City, had hit his father in the head with a weapon, causing a skull fracture and brain bleed.
Meier died of his injuries on Dec. 4, and an autopsy blamed the November beating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
Information from: Iowa City Press-Citizen, http://www.press-citizen.com/