IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — A March trial has been scheduled for an Iowa City man accused of fatally beating his father.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen reports that Flannery Kennedy-Meier has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder. His trial is set to begin March 13.
Kennedy-Meier was arrested Nov. 13 after police were called to a residence and found 63-year-old Mark Meier injured. Officers say Kennedy-Meier, of Iowa City, had hit his father in the head with a weapon, causing a skull fracture and brain bleed.
Meier died of his injuries on Dec. 4, and an autopsy blamed the November beating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: Iowa City Press-Citizen, http://www.press-citizen.com/