IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — A March trial has been scheduled for an Iowa City man accused of fatally beating his father.
The Iowa City Press-Citizen reports that Flannery Kennedy-Meier has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder. His trial is set to begin March 13.
Kennedy-Meier was arrested Nov. 13 after police were called to a residence and found 63-year-old Mark Meier injured. Officers say Kennedy-Meier, of Iowa City, had hit his father in the head with a weapon, causing a skull fracture and brain bleed.
Meier died of his injuries on Dec. 4, and an autopsy blamed the November beating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing
Information from: Iowa City Press-Citizen, http://www.press-citizen.com/