LAS VEGAS (AP) — Prosecutors and the defense for a man accusing of raping and killing a 10-year-old Las Vegas girl and her mother are set to deliver their opening statements.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the trial for 27-year-old Bryan Clay will start Tuesday and is expected to go on for a month.
Clay was arrested April 2012 and is facing two counts of murder.
He could be sentenced to death if convicted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Prosecutors say 38-year-old Ignacia Martinez and her daughter Karla were raped and beaten to death with a claw hammer more than five years ago.
Martinez’s husband, Arturo, suffered severe head injuries when he tried to fight off the attacker.
Prosecutors and Clay’s lawyers declined to comment on the trial.
Information from: Las Vegas Review-Journal, http://www.lvrj.com