FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — State transportation officials are looking for ways to ease traffic congestion on Flagstaff’s busiest roads.
Two public meetings are scheduled in May to gather comment.
The Arizona Department of Transportation says it will lay out long-term plans to improve traffic flow and safety on Milton Road and on U.S. 180.
Milton Road routinely is backed up during workday rush hours with heavier traffic on the weekend. U.S. 180 is the primary route to the Arizona Snowbowl.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- 'Manholes' are out as Berkeley removes gender-specific language from city code
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land
- Nobel laureate from Iraq told Trump that ISIS killed her family. 'Where are they now?' he asked.
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
The meeting for U.S. 180 is scheduled May 3 in Flagstaff. The one for Milton Road is May 10.