MONTECITO, Calif. (AP) — Train service has been halted in the area of a deadly Southern California mudslide as boulders, debris and water cover the track.
The Santa Barbara County Fire Department says the main Union Pacific line running through Montecito has been blocked. Railroad spokesman Justin Jacobs says there have been several washouts along the line in the area left barren by the deadly Thomas fire.
Jacobs say crews are working to clear the track and some freight trains are being rerouted.
Amtrak says its Pacific Surfliner and Coast Starlight services and bus connections between Santa Barbara and Oxnard have been suspended and there isn’t any alternative transportation right now.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Trains are still running north of Santa Barbara and south of Oxnard.