KITTERY, Maine (AP) — Portsmouth Naval Shipyard said training exercises are about to commence to test the readiness of security forces.
The anti-terrorism training event called Operation Solid Curtain-Citadel Shield 2017 kicks off Monday and will continue through Feb. 9.
The annual exercise is designed to test the readiness of Navy security forces and ensure seamless operations with other partner agencies.
Officials say measures have been taken to minimize disruptions but that residents may see or hear security activities associated with the exercise.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH