KITTERY, Maine (AP) — Portsmouth Naval Shipyard said training exercises are about to commence to test the readiness of security forces.
The anti-terrorism training event called Operation Solid Curtain-Citadel Shield 2017 kicks off Monday and will continue through Feb. 9.
The annual exercise is designed to test the readiness of Navy security forces and ensure seamless operations with other partner agencies.
Officials say measures have been taken to minimize disruptions but that residents may see or hear security activities associated with the exercise.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination