KITTERY, Maine (AP) — Portsmouth Naval Shipyard said training exercises are about to commence to test the readiness of security forces.
The anti-terrorism training event called Operation Solid Curtain-Citadel Shield 2017 kicks off Monday and will continue through Feb. 9.
The annual exercise is designed to test the readiness of Navy security forces and ensure seamless operations with other partner agencies.
Officials say measures have been taken to minimize disruptions but that residents may see or hear security activities associated with the exercise.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood