KITTERY, Maine (AP) — Portsmouth Naval Shipyard said training exercises are about to commence to test the readiness of security forces.
The anti-terrorism training event called Operation Solid Curtain-Citadel Shield 2017 kicks off Monday and will continue through Feb. 9.
The annual exercise is designed to test the readiness of Navy security forces and ensure seamless operations with other partner agencies.
Officials say measures have been taken to minimize disruptions but that residents may see or hear security activities associated with the exercise.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Archaeologists discover 'massive' ancient building in Egypt VIEW
- Mormon women’s group aims call for probe of Kavanaugh allegations at LDS senators