SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) — Officials say a train collided with a tractor-trailer in northwest Louisiana.
The Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office said it responded Tuesday to an accident involving a KCS train that hit the 18-wheeler near the town of Vivian.
No one was injured in the crash that the sheriff’s office said occurred when the driver of the vehicle was struck at the rear of the trailer while crossing the railroad tracks.
The truck was hauling sand, and the sheriff’s office says the train cars were empty. The crash didn’t disrupt traffic because it was a private railroad crossing. The sheriff’s office says no tickets were issued.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen