SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) — Officials say a train collided with a tractor-trailer in northwest Louisiana.
The Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office said it responded Tuesday to an accident involving a KCS train that hit the 18-wheeler near the town of Vivian.
No one was injured in the crash that the sheriff’s office said occurred when the driver of the vehicle was struck at the rear of the trailer while crossing the railroad tracks.
The truck was hauling sand, and the sheriff’s office says the train cars were empty. The crash didn’t disrupt traffic because it was a private railroad crossing. The sheriff’s office says no tickets were issued.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW