SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) — Officials say a train collided with a tractor-trailer in northwest Louisiana.
The Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office said it responded Tuesday to an accident involving a KCS train that hit the 18-wheeler near the town of Vivian.
No one was injured in the crash that the sheriff’s office said occurred when the driver of the vehicle was struck at the rear of the trailer while crossing the railroad tracks.
The truck was hauling sand, and the sheriff’s office says the train cars were empty. The crash didn’t disrupt traffic because it was a private railroad crossing. The sheriff’s office says no tickets were issued.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Trump says summit with Putin was 'even better' than NATO meeting; Republicans criticize his Helsinki comments