AKRON, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a train derailment in Alabama has sent one person to the hospital.
Hale County EMA Director Russell Weeden tells AL.com that a train car derailed while an engine was pushing cars to link up with other cars on Wednesday evening in Akron. A worker on the car jumped from it as it tipped over and suffered minor injuries.
No other railcars derailed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews