AKRON, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a train derailment in Alabama has sent one person to the hospital.
Hale County EMA Director Russell Weeden tells AL.com that a train car derailed while an engine was pushing cars to link up with other cars on Wednesday evening in Akron. A worker on the car jumped from it as it tipped over and suffered minor injuries.
No other railcars derailed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews