AKRON, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a train derailment in Alabama has sent one person to the hospital.
Hale County EMA Director Russell Weeden tells AL.com that a train car derailed while an engine was pushing cars to link up with other cars on Wednesday evening in Akron. A worker on the car jumped from it as it tipped over and suffered minor injuries.
No other railcars derailed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews