VERSAILLES, Ohio (AP) — Officials say a trail of manure was spilled across a 10-mile stretch of an Ohio highway when a truck apparently lost its load.
The Dayton Daily News reports the manure was discovered Friday morning on Ohio 185 near Versailles in Darke County. Work crews who came out to begin work on a water pipe extension discovered the manure covering the roadway around 7 a.m.
It’s unclear if investigators have found the person responsible for the spill.
State transportation crews were called in to assist with the cleanup.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Parents forget newborn baby in Hamburg taxi
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
The village of Versailles is about 45 miles (72 kilometers) north of Dayton.