VERSAILLES, Ohio (AP) — Officials say a trail of manure was spilled across a 10-mile stretch of an Ohio highway when a truck apparently lost its load.
The Dayton Daily News reports the manure was discovered Friday morning on Ohio 185 near Versailles in Darke County. Work crews who came out to begin work on a water pipe extension discovered the manure covering the roadway around 7 a.m.
It’s unclear if investigators have found the person responsible for the spill.
State transportation crews were called in to assist with the cleanup.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
The village of Versailles is about 45 miles (72 kilometers) north of Dayton.