VERSAILLES, Ohio (AP) — Officials say a trail of manure was spilled across a 10-mile stretch of an Ohio highway when a truck apparently lost its load.
The Dayton Daily News reports the manure was discovered Friday morning on Ohio 185 near Versailles in Darke County. Work crews who came out to begin work on a water pipe extension discovered the manure covering the roadway around 7 a.m.
It’s unclear if investigators have found the person responsible for the spill.
State transportation crews were called in to assist with the cleanup.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
The village of Versailles is about 45 miles (72 kilometers) north of Dayton.