ALLIANCE, Ohio (AP) — A truck crash in Ohio has left hundreds of chickens dead, and those that did survive huddled together in a nearby ditch.
The Review in Alliance reports a tractor trailer carrying crates of chickens veered off the road, struck a utility pole and overturned Monday in Stark County’s Washington Township.
The road where the crash occurred was closed for several hours.
Washington Township is roughly 35 miles (56 kilometers) southeast of Akron.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
- Justice Department is reviewing role of fake Trump electors, top official says
The driver of the tractor trailer owned by Case Farms wasn’t injured, but was taken to hospital to be tested for controlled substances.
Houses in the area lost power after the accident.
The state Highway Patrol is investigating.
Information from: The Review, http://www.the-review.com