CLARKSTON, Mich. (AP) — The driver of a gravel hauler had to be pulled from the rig after the truck smashed through the wall of a dental office in Clarkston, northwest of Detroit.
The Oakland County sheriff’s office says the driver was hospitalized after the Friday afternoon crash.
Prior to the crash, 911 dispatchers received calls that a semi-trailer was traveling northbound in the southbound lanes of M-15.
The double-trailer truck clipped an adjacent building before striking the side of the dental office. The truck’s cab and front of its lead trailer were embedded in the dental office wall.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Two other vehicles were hit, but their drivers and passengers were not injured. The truck driver’s injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
No injuries were reported to anyone inside the dental office.