COLCHESTER, Vt. (AP) — The police chief in Colchester, Vermont, has announced her retirement.
In a statement Monday, Colchester Police Chief Jennifer Morrison says she will retire in August after serving five years.
Morrison says she is confident the department will be in the hands of “experienced, dedicated and well-prepared leaders.”
Morrison became the town’s police chief in 2013. She previously served as an officer with the Burlington Police Department.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target