GRAFTON, Mass. (AP) — A tow truck driver for AAA has helped rescue a Massachusetts couple from a massive fire at their home.
Norman Strom says he was driving by the home in Grafton around noon Wednesday when he saw smoke coming from the garage.
A couple in their late 80s was inside the home, and they had no idea it was on fire when Strom knocked on their door.
Strom helped the couple get out and grabbed a few belongings, including the family cat, before the fire spread.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- His siblings were killed when the Hart family's van went off a cliff. He had been left in foster care.
- Ring camera installed in a children's room for 'peace of mind' is hacked, 8-year-old daughter harassed
- Supreme Court decision, possible today, may set up historic showdown on Trump's finances
- Trump Impeachment Advances as Historic Vote Sends Case to House WATCH
- House set for historic floor vote next week after panel passes two articles of impeachment against Trump
Firefighters say the four-alarm blaze caused a propane tank to explode and ammunition to detonate.
No serious injuries were reported, but officials say the home is a total loss.