PITTSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Police say a tow truck driver was killed when an SUV slammed into the rear of an empty school bus as he tended to the broken down vehicle in southeast Michigan.
State police said in a statement that two adults and three children in the SUV are in critical condition after the collision Tuesday morning along Interstate 94 in Pittsfield Township, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) southwest of Detroit.
Police say the tow truck driver, 42-year-old Nader Chehadi, was behind the school bus, which had stopped at the side of the road due to engine trouble when the crash happened. No students were on the bus.
Police are investigating the cause of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Restaurants in Italy are reopening ancient 'wine windows' used during the plague
- 40% of people with coronavirus have no symptoms; might they be the key to ending the pandemic?
- How to clean your face mask to help prevent getting and spreading the coronavirus VIEW
- Trump abruptly escorted from briefing after shooting near WH
- No strings, no bureaucracy, but suddenly $1.4 million to help Portland's Black community