WALPOLE, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man whose Jeep got stuck in a mud pit while off-roading with his girlfriend says a towing company is charging him $48,000.
Joel Ramer says the Jeep landed in a mud pit last week in Walpole, near Boston. It took 12 hours for police and Assured Collision to pull the vehicle out. Ramer was given a bill for $48,000 when he went to pick it up.
The owner of Assured Collision tells WFXT-TV (http://bit.ly/1P2Wbnn ) that the Jeep’s proximity to power lines put his team in dangerous conditions and that the fees reflect the industry standard.
The Statewide Towing Association tells the station it has not reviewed the invoice, but that the rates quoted appear to be significantly higher than industry standard.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man known for duping sexual predators online killed in confrontation
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- Bedbugs torment Paris ahead of 2024 Olympics: 'No one is safe'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two people killed by grizzly bear at Banff National Park in Canada
Information from: WFXT-TV, http://www.myfoxboston.com