PITTSBURGH (AP) — Authorities say a car passenger who was shot and wounded during a drive-by shooting in Pittsburgh earlier this month has died from his injuries.
Allegheny County officials say 35-year-old Anton Kemaev died Thursday at a hospital.
Kemaev was a front-seat passenger in a car when someone in another vehicle opened fire on Dec. 19. Kemaev was shot in the head, but the person driving the car he was in was not injured.
A motive for the shooting remains under investigation. Authorities have said that neither Kemaev nor the driver was the shooter’s intended target.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- Ocasio-Cortez wants 2 justices impeached for ‘lying under oath’
- Aide: Trump dismissed Jan. 6 threats, wanted to join crowd
- Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- Family dog dies protecting kids from mountain lion in Colorado
Kemaev, a married father of three children, lives in Russia but had been visiting the United States for a few months. He was due to return to Russia next week.