SPENCER, Mass. (AP) — Police in central Massachusetts say they found a 3-year-old inside a stolen pickup after a chase.
Spencer police Sgt. Norman Hodgerney tells The Telegram and Gazette (http://bit.ly/1gjdumd ) the 1994 GMC Sierra truck was stolen in Spencer on Friday.
Leicester police spotted the truck Sunday and tried to get the driver to stop. Hodgerney says the chase began around 5:30 p.m. near Worcester Regional Airport and moved into Spencer.
Authorities say the child’s mother was a passenger in the stolen truck and is the suspect’s girlfriend. She told police she didn’t know the truck had been stolen.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At Pentagon, fears grow that Trump will pull military into election unrest
- Trump taps 'eminently qualified' Barrett for Supreme Court WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Her words: Amy Coney Barrett on faith, precedent, abortion
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support VIEW
There were no injuries or property damage.
Police declined to identify the driver, who was arrested and is set to be arraigned Monday in Western Worcester District Court in East Brookfield.
Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com