SPALDING, Neb. (AP) — The National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for Boone County in northeastern Nebraska after a tornado was confirmed on the ground near the town of Spalding.
The service says the tornado was spotted at about 5:40 p.m. Friday in a rural area about six miles east of Spalding.
The warning was set to end at 6:15 p.m. Friday.
Residents in the area were warned to take cover, as the twister could damage homes, other buildings and vehicles. No reports of damage or injuries had been made by 6 p.m. The service said tree damage in the area was likely.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- 10 tips for coexisting with COVID (and living a normal-ish life)
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Career prosecutors recommend no charges for Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe