TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A man has been imprisoned for killing a pedestrian on July 4 last year.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reports that Jason Patterson, of Topeka, was given two years and 10 months Tuesday. He’d pleaded guilty to reckless involuntary manslaughter.
Patterson was charged in the death of 60-year-old Tara French. She was hit by Patterson’s truck on the west side of Lake Shawnee.
Police determined Patterson had a blood alcohol level of 0.18 percent when he was stopped after the accident. The legal limit in Kansas is 0.08 percent.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
- Supreme Court expands gun rights, with nation divided
- Government to cancel $6 billion in student loans for defrauded borrowers
- He stole a patrol vehicle, officials say — then responded to an emergency
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal, http://www.cjonline.com