TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Police have made an arrest in a shooting at a Topeka hotel that left a 31-year-old man dead.
Police say 18-year-old Logan Lee Able Bartley, of Topeka, was booked Saturday on charges of first-degree murder and aggravated robbery.
Officers were called to the Best Western motel in southwest Topeka after 11:30 p.m. Thursday for a shooting. Police Lt. Jennifer Cross says arriving officers found Jesse Lee McFall suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. McFall was taken to a local hospital, where he died. Cross says McFall and Bartley knew each other.
The shooting death was Topeka’s second homicide of 2018.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Microsoft says it has found another Russian operation targeting prominent think tanks