TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Firefighters in Kansas rescued a cat from a tree. They also rescued its owner.
The Topeka Capital-Journal (http://bit.ly/2or19ma ) reports that the woman climbed the tree Wednesday trying to get to her cat but she wasn’t able to get back down.
Topeka Fire Department Shift Commander Todd Williams says the woman and her cat were about 16 feet up in a large tree when they were plucked out.
What’s more, he says such rescues aren’t that uncommon in Topeka.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A ‘liberty’ rebellion in Idaho threatens to undermine coronavirus orders
- Should you cancel your summer vacation plans because of coronavirus?
- Hawaii mayor to arrested man: 'Covidiot'
- Sanders ends presidential campaign
- Coronavirus death toll: Americans are almost certainly dying of COVID-19 but being left out of the official count
The cat owner’s name wasn’t released.