TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Firefighters in Kansas rescued a cat from a tree. They also rescued its owner.
The Topeka Capital-Journal (http://bit.ly/2or19ma ) reports that the woman climbed the tree Wednesday trying to get to her cat but she wasn’t able to get back down.
Topeka Fire Department Shift Commander Todd Williams says the woman and her cat were about 16 feet up in a large tree when they were plucked out.
What’s more, he says such rescues aren’t that uncommon in Topeka.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Oregon, scientists find a coronavirus variant with a worrying mutation
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As schools reopen, Asian American students are missing from classrooms
- Senate Democrats announce deal on unemployment insurance, allowing Biden bill to move forward
- Danger or delight? Uphill battle for Brazil's huge jackfruit
The cat owner’s name wasn’t released.