Michigan State, Kansas and Oklahoma are the top three teams for the third straight week in the men’s college basketball poll by The Associated Press.
The Spartans have been No. 1 in the poll for four weeks. They were again a runaway choice, receiving all but one first-place vote Monday from the 65-member national media panel.
Kansas drew the other No. 1 vote. Following Oklahoma are Maryland, Virginia, Xavier, North Carolina, Arizona, Butler and Kentucky. The top nine teams remained the same from last week. Kentucky beat Louisville on Saturday and replaced Providence, which dropped to 12th.
No. 25 UCLA is the lone newcomer. The Bruins had been ranked for one week earlier this season. They replaced George Washington, which dropped out from No. 20 following a loss to DePaul.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- Former US Sen. Barbara Boxer assaulted, robbed in California
- Man pleads guilty to 4 Asian spa killings, sentenced to life