BANGOR, Maine (AP) — A tongue-twisted couple from the blooper reel of a commercial for a Maine-based restaurant has served as the inspiration for a “Saturday Night Live” skit.
The skit broadcast Saturday featured a couple like the one who drew more than 4.5 million views for a YouTube video showing the husband repeatedly flubbing his line about “buttery, flaky crust.”
Will Ferrell and Kate McKinnon portrayed Jack and Sonya Palmer of Hermon, Maine.
Dysart’s Restaurant & Truck Stop General Manager John Mason tells the Bangor Daily News the skit based on the 2012 commercial bloopers was an “awesome” surprise.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
Sutherland Weston Marketing Communications in Bangor produced the original video . Firm partner Elizabeth Sutherland tells WLBZ-TV it’s hard to beat the chemistry of the couple who’ve been married for more than 50 years.