LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Fred Rogers drama “You Are My Friend” starring Tom Hanks as the beloved television host is coming to theaters in late 2019.
Sony Pictures says Wednesday that the film will be released on October 18, 2019.
The story is inspired by the real-life friendship between Rogers and journalist Tom Junod.
Marielle Heller, who made the well-reviewed coming-of-age drama “Diary of a Teenage Girl,” is directing the film.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI warned of large-scale nationwide protests by Trump supporters, but they fail to materialize
- Man lived inside Chicago's O’Hare airport for 3 months before detection, prosecutors say
- Trump prepares to offer clemency to more than 100 people in final hours in office
- Biden expected to cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit on first day
- Fauci says federal approval of Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines is ‘weeks away’
This year marks the 50th anniversary of “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood,” inspiring a PBS special, a postage stamp and a feature-length documentary “Won’t You Be My Neighbor,” which hits theaters on June 8.