NEW YORK (AP) — New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady may not like strawberries, but he has skills when it comes to chugging beer.
Appearing Monday on CBS’s “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” Brady promoted his book “The TB12 Method,” in which he writes about diet and athletic performance. That includes abstaining from alcohol.
Brady told Colbert he rarely drinks beer. But acknowledged he was a “pretty good beer chugger back in the day.” So the host challenged him.
Brady drained his glass within seconds after two gulps, with Colbert finishing a distant last.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
Colbert also got Brady to eat his first strawberry. Brady said he had never eaten the fruit because he hated the smell. Brady said it was “not that bad.”