NEW YORK (AP) — New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady may not like strawberries, but he has skills when it comes to chugging beer.
Appearing Monday on CBS’s “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” Brady promoted his book “The TB12 Method,” in which he writes about diet and athletic performance. That includes abstaining from alcohol.
Brady told Colbert he rarely drinks beer. But acknowledged he was a “pretty good beer chugger back in the day.” So the host challenged him.
Brady drained his glass within seconds after two gulps, with Colbert finishing a distant last.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Colbert also got Brady to eat his first strawberry. Brady said he had never eaten the fruit because he hated the smell. Brady said it was “not that bad.”