CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A 4-year-old toddler has been found wandering the streets in West Virginia’s largest city.
WCHS-TV reports the child was found alone in Charleston at about 11:30 p.m. on Friday. Charleston Police say the child was discovered by two men who were passing through the area.
Police say the child was found on Hunt Avenue and Kanawha Boulevard West in Charleston. It is a residential area on the city’s west side. Kanawha Boulevard is a four-lane road that runs next to Kanawha River.
Police have filed no charges. But authorities did notify West Virginia’s Child Protective Services.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Information from: WCHS-TV, http://www.wchstv.com