WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) — A toddler has drowned after getting into a neighbor’s swimming pool with some other children in North Carolina.
Wilmington Police Department spokeswoman Linda Thompson told local outlets that the drowning occurred shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday.
Thompson says other children with the 2-year-old boy ran for help.
Thompson says the children entered the pool without the owner’s permission.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
Neighbors pulled the child from the water and performed CPR until emergency services arrived. Thompson said paramedics also tried to revive the child but were unsuccessful.
The child’s name has not been released.
No one else was hurt.