WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) — A toddler has drowned after getting into a neighbor’s swimming pool with some other children in North Carolina.
Wilmington Police Department spokeswoman Linda Thompson told local outlets that the drowning occurred shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday.
Thompson says other children with the 2-year-old boy ran for help.
Thompson says the children entered the pool without the owner’s permission.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man known for duping sexual predators online killed in confrontation
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two people killed by grizzly bear at Banff National Park in Canada
- Bedbugs torment Paris ahead of 2024 Olympics: 'No one is safe'
- McCarthy to face far-right attempt to oust him as House speaker
Neighbors pulled the child from the water and performed CPR until emergency services arrived. Thompson said paramedics also tried to revive the child but were unsuccessful.
The child’s name has not been released.
No one else was hurt.