DO SOTO, Mo. (AP) — Authorities say a theft suspect and two passengers have been injured in a fiery eastern Missouri crash.
Trooper Dallas Thompson says the driver was trying to pass another vehicle Monday afternoon and went off the side of a two-lane highway just north of the town of Richwoods. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the car then overturned and caught on fire.
Missouri Highway Patrol investigators are looking into whether the car was being chased or just monitored by police from nearby De Soto. It had license plates that didn’t belong
Thompson says the driver, a front seat passenger and a back seat passenger were seriously injured. One of them was flown to a St. Louis hospital while the other two were transported by ambulance.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CDC's list of symptoms for COVID-19 grows
- Trump's worldview forged by neglect and trauma at home, niece says in book
- Hundreds of experts say coronavirus is airborne; consequences for our daily lives would be significant
- South Dakota governor, exposed to virus, joined Trump on jet
- Study uncovers most effective non-medical face mask for protecting against coronavirus
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com