Not only is Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson the sexiest man alive, according to People Magazine, he might one day be president.
Johnson, the 44-year-old actor, producer and former wrestler of Samoan and black descent, who was named Sexiest Man Alive this week, told ABC that he would consider a run for chief of state under the right circumstances.
The 6’5,” 245 pound star of “Ballers,” the “Fast and Furious” films and “The Scorpion King” is a registered Republican who lives in Florida.
“I care DEEPLY about our county… and the idea of one day becoming President to create real positive impact and global change is very alluring. Buuuuut until that possible day, the most important thing right now is strong honest leadership from our current and future leaders of this country,” he said on his Instagram account.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Notre-Dame came far closer to collapsing than anybody knew VIEW
- Here are the Republicans who broke with their party and other takeaways from the vote on Trump’s language
- House votes to kill Trump impeachment resolution
- Abigail Disney is taking her family's company to task over working conditions at Disneyland
- Congressman files articles of impeachment against Trump despite pushback
And he’s not the only celebrity considering a run for the White House.
Last week, hip hop artist and entrepreneur Kanye West talked to a BBC radio host Annie Mac that he, too, thought he might have something to add to the political landscape and is considering a run in 2020.
“When I talk about the idea of being president, I’m not saying I have any political views,” he told Mac. “I don’t have views on politics, I just have a view on humanity, on people, on the (the) truth. If there is anything that I can do with my time to somehow make a difference while I’m still alive, I’m all for it.”