KAILUA, Hawaii (AP) — The Latest on President Barack Obama’s annual two-week vacation in Hawaii:
President Barack Obama has arrived at Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe to spend his first sunny afternoon of vacation at Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course. He is joined by Joe Paulsen, Mike Brush and Bobby Titcomb, all familiar golfing partners. As the motorcade whizzed on base Saturday, about a dozen people took cellphone videos.
The president arrived in the wee hours of the day at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam via Air Force One. He is joined by first lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's what we know about the 'delta-plus' variant, already detected in U.S. and elsewhere
- Should I mask? Can I travel? What about hugs? How delta is changing advice for the vaccinated
- Passenger arrives taped to his seat after assault of 3 flight attendants
- Bill Gates says Epstein relationship was ‘a huge mistake’
- Virtually all emperor penguins may be pushed to brink of extinction, study finds
It’s the start of his annual two-week holiday getaway from Washington.
On the way to Hawaii, Obama stopped in Southern California to speak with family members of those killed in the San Bernardino shootings.