KAILUA, Hawaii (AP) — The Latest on President Barack Obama’s annual two-week vacation in Hawaii (all times local):
After having dinner at Morimoto’s Restaurant in Waikiki with friends, the first family returned to their Kailua rental home at 10 p.m.
The Obamas spent about two hours at dinner before leaving Waikiki at 9:25 p.m. Many onlookers lined the sidewalks near the upscale restaurant to catch a glimpse of the president.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CDC reverses itself, says new guidelines on coronavirus transmission were posted in error
- Luxury cars, MAGA flags and Facebook invites: How an unknown Idaho family organized the Portland rally that turned deadly
- CDC quietly issues new guidance on how coronavirus spreads
- ‘We May Be Surprised Again’: An Unpredictable Pandemic Takes a Terrible Toll
- N95 masks save lives. So why are they still hard to get this far into a pandemic?
President Barack Obama and his family are having dinner at Morimoto’s Restaurant in Waikiki.
A White House staff member says they have been joined by friends. The motorcade departed Kailua at 6:45 p.m. on Sunday and arrived in Waikiki at 7:20 p.m.
The restaurant is run by “Iron Chef” Masaharu Morimoto, who in April helped prepare a dinner at the White House honoring Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
President Barack Obama and the rest of the First Family left the Makiki Loop Trail about 90 minutes after arriving there. The motorcade returned to the Obama’s rental home in Kailua at 1:25 p.m.
The president arrived in Hawaii early Saturday for the start of his annual two-week holiday getaway from Washington. He is joined by first lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha.
President Barack Obama hiked the Makiki Loop Trail along with family and friends at Hawaii Nature Center late Sunday morning. The motorcade departed the Obamas’ vacation rental in Kailua at 10:40 a.m. on a gusty, overcast morning with scattered showers on Oahu.
The president arrived early Saturday at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam for the start of his annual two-week holiday getaway from Washington. He is joined by first lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha.