AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Longtime Associated Press correspondent Mike Cochran and longtime Galveston County Daily News publisher Dolph Tillotson are among four Texas journalists chosen as 2018 inductees to the Texas Newspaper Foundation Hall of Fame.
Also chosen for induction were former Seguin Gazette owner and publisher John C. Taylor Jr. and longtime Nacogdoches Daily Sentinel editor and publisher Victor B. Fain. Taylor died in 2014 at age 88, while Fain died in 2000 at age 84.
Cochran served as the AP’s Fort Worth correspondent for about 40 years. He covered some of the biggest stories Texas saw during those years.
Tillotson was a veteran newspaper executive when he became the Galveston publisher in 1987 and president of Southern Newspapers Inc., owner of The Daily News, in 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors