FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — A Texas man convicted of beating and stomping his girlfriend’s baby daughter to death then burying her body has been sentenced to life in prison.
A Tarrant County jury sentenced 24-year-old Joshua Beard of Arlington on Monday. Beard was convicted of murder on Saturday in the 2014 death of 18-month-old Tylea Moore.
Prosecutors say Tylea died of blunt force trauma at the home Beard shared with the girl’s mother, Alexis Botello. They say an angry Beard at one point threw the child onto a bed with such force that she bounced off and landed on the floor, where he stomped on her.
Authorities say Tylea was buried underneath a rural bridge northwest of Fort Worth.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- Dentist killed his wife on an African hunting trip, U.S. says
Botello awaits trial on charges that include capital murder.