CONROE, Texas (AP) — A Houston-area man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison after his convictions resulting from a 2016 police chase that ended in a crash that killed an officer and an 11-year-old boy.
The Courier of Montgomery County reports 30-year-old Garrett William Nee of Kingwood was sentenced Tuesday for evading arrest causing serious bodily injury and other counts.
Patton Village police Sgt. Stacey Baumgartner found Nee at a gas station in June 2016 while responding to a report of a person exposing himself.
Nee fled in his vehicle and Baumgartner pursued. The 39-year-old sergeant was entering an intersection when his vehicle collided with one that Adan Hilario Jr. and his family were in.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
Adan died at the scene and Baumgartner at a hospital.
Information from: Courier, http://yourconroenews.com