CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) — Authorities in South Texas are investigating the death of a New Braunfels man found in the surf at the Padre Island National Seashore.
Kleberg County sheriff’s officials say the death of 60-year-old Kevin Francis O’Toole is considered “questionable” but they don’t immediately suspect foul play. The Nueces County Medical Examiner is conducting an autopsy.
O’Toole’s truck was found not far from where his body was spotted Friday evening about 2 miles (3.22 kilometers) south of the Malaquite Beach Visitor Center by visitors to the national seashore.
New Braunfels is about 165 miles (265.53 kilometers) northwest of Padre Island.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- After a Black man is killed by police, a city cancels its July 4 celebration
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington