WHITE CASTLE, La. (AP) — A Texas man has been killed in a three-vehicle crash in southern Louisiana.
Louisiana State Police Sgt. Jared Sandifer told WAFB-TV that 32-year-old Gerardo Hernandez of Brownsville, Texas, was killed in a crash around 6 p.m. Tuesday. Hernandez was driving a pickup truck when his vehicle rear-ended another truck driven by 63-year-old Ester Green.
Sandifer says the impact of the crash sent Green’s vehicle across the center line into the southbound lanes in the path of a car driven by 54-year-old Jacob Tatman. Both Green and Tatman’s vehicle collided head-on.
Hernandez was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Eastern U.S. socked by winter storm
Green and Tatman were taken to the hospital. Their conditions are unknown.
Investigators say all of the drivers were wearing seat belts during the crash.