CONWAY, Ark. (AP) — A Fort Worth, Texas, man is awaiting extradition to Arkansas where he faces a capital murder charge for a slaying at a Central Arkansas hotel earlier this month.
Arkansas authorities say 22-year-old Andrew Morstain is the third person charged in the May 8 shooting death of a Whitewater, Wisconsin, man, Leonel Panduro, at a Days Inn motel in Conway.
The Border Patrol says Morstain was arrested last week in Laredo, Texas, along the Texas-Mexico border.
Also charged in Panduro’s killing are 24-year-old Zachary Keesee, who faces a count of conspiracy to commit murder, and his 50-year-old mother, Sherri Keesee, of Maumelle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Former cop attacks Thai day care center, kills at least 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- VP was in car accident; Secret Service first called it 'mechanical failure'
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine
Zachary Keesee was arrested May 20 at a border crossing in Eagle Pass, Texas, about 125 miles (201.16 kilometers) northwest of Laredo.
Sherri Keesee is charged with hindering apprehension.