AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A Texas grand jury has returned a murder indictment against a man accused of stabbing four students, one fatally, at the University of Texas.
Kendrex White is accused of the May 1 stabbings that left 19-year-old Harrison Brown dead and three others wounded.
The Travis County grand jury also indicted White on aggravated assault counts relating to the three injured students.
White remains jailed on $1 million bond. Police after his arrest said White appeared to be mentally ill, but he was ruled in June to be competent to stand trial. He is scheduled to appear in court for a status hearing on Friday.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?