SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Authorities in Texas have arrested at least a dozen people for animal cruelty after interrupting what they believe was ritual sacrifice.
The San Antonio Express-News reports that Bexar County sheriff’s deputies found dead and dismembered animals in a San Antonio-area home Friday night after receiving calls that animals were being sacrificed.
Sgt. Elizabeth Gonzalez says that deputies saw more than a dozen people inside a garage where a woman was cutting up animal parts while another person was draining the blood of a chicken into a container.
Gonzalez says, “It appears that they were having some sort of unknown ritual.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- As he plans July Fourth gala, Trump still owes $7 million in inauguration costs to D.C.
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'
Deputies found additional mutilated animals in the residence, including goat heads and more chickens.
Gonzalez says between 12 and 14 people were arrested and will face misdemeanor charges of cruelty to non-livestock animals.