MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A publishing house has canceled plans to publish a book by a Tennessee pastor who has been accused of sexual assault.
The Commercial Appeal and The New York Times report Christian publisher Bethany House announced Monday that it has canceled publication of “The Ridiculously Good Marriage” by Andy Savage. The publisher said the book may remain on retail websites for a short time until those are updated.
The move comes after allegations by a woman who says Savage sexually assaulted her while she was a 17-year-old high school senior in Texas in 1998.
Savage has made a statement on the website of Highpoint Church in Memphis, acknowledging he was involved in a sexual incident with a female high school student while he was on a Texas church staff.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Jamie Oliver's UK restaurant chain collapses into insolvency
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Should Donald Trump be impeached? Americans organize to read Mueller report, reach their own conclusions
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com