MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says a police officer fired into a suspect’s vehicle.
The bureau said in a press release Monday that Murfreesboro police officers spotted a vehicle believed to be stolen by 23-year-old Jesse Caldwell on Sunday and pursued it. When the chase stopped, an officer exited his vehicle, identified the driver as Caldwell and shot into the car.
Caldwell wasn’t shot, but he suffered injuries from broken glass. No law enforcement officers were injured in the incident.
Caldwell was the subject of a multiagency search following a Friday burglary. He was treated for his injuries and booked into the Rutherford County jail on multiple charges. He may face charges in Bedford County as well. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
The TBI is investigating the shooting.