MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says a police officer fired into a suspect’s vehicle.
The bureau said in a press release Monday that Murfreesboro police officers spotted a vehicle believed to be stolen by 23-year-old Jesse Caldwell on Sunday and pursued it. When the chase stopped, an officer exited his vehicle, identified the driver as Caldwell and shot into the car.
Caldwell wasn’t shot, but he suffered injuries from broken glass. No law enforcement officers were injured in the incident.
Caldwell was the subject of a multiagency search following a Friday burglary. He was treated for his injuries and booked into the Rutherford County jail on multiple charges. He may face charges in Bedford County as well. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
The TBI is investigating the shooting.