MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says a police officer fired into a suspect’s vehicle.
The bureau said in a press release Monday that Murfreesboro police officers spotted a vehicle believed to be stolen by 23-year-old Jesse Caldwell on Sunday and pursued it. When the chase stopped, an officer exited his vehicle, identified the driver as Caldwell and shot into the car.
Caldwell wasn’t shot, but he suffered injuries from broken glass. No law enforcement officers were injured in the incident.
Caldwell was the subject of a multiagency search following a Friday burglary. He was treated for his injuries and booked into the Rutherford County jail on multiple charges. He may face charges in Bedford County as well. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
The TBI is investigating the shooting.