WENTZVILLE, Mo. (AP) — Three teenagers have been arrested in the eastern Missouri town of Wentzville for allegedly throwing rocks from an Interstate 70 overpass that damaged up to 35 vehicles.
Police say vehicles with cracked windows had to pull over and lined the shoulder of the highway for several hours after the damage that occurred late Tuesday.
Police Sgt. Jennifer Bell told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that there were reports of injuries from shattered glass, but details about the injuries were not available Wednesday.
Officers were called to the overpass around 11:30 p.m. and found the teens standing near the railroad tracks on the overpass. Two are age 17 and one is a 16-year-old juvenile.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com