PAWTUCKET, R.I. (AP) — A teenager was shot in Pawtucket early Sunday morning.
The Providence Journal reports police responded to calls of shots fired near Main Street and Lonsdale Avenue.
They found a 17-year-old male shot in the leg, and another 19-year-old male with scrapes from trying to flee the shooting.
The 17-year-old was taken to Hasbro Hospital, where he was treated and released. Detectives are seeking public help in investigating the shooting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Ex-policeman charged with decades-old serial killings VIEW
- 'Tase me, and you'll see what happens,' an American Airlines flier said. Police did — 10 times.
- He froze to death inside a multimillion-dollar town house — and now the state is investigating
- A lynching memorial is opening in Alabama. The country has never seen anything like it
- Recycling innovator Eric Lundgren loses appeal on computer restore discs, must serve 15-month prison term
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com