SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a shooting at a McDonald’s in Georgia has killed a 15-year-old and injured another teenager.
The Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan police said in a news release that officers responded to the shooting Saturday at around 10:50 p.m. and found 15-year-old George Akins Jr. suffering from life-threatening injuries. Akins died at the scene.
WSAV-TV reports a second 15-year-old boy was also injured and taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Further details have not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
- Justice Department is reviewing role of fake Trump electors, top official says
Information from: WSAV-TV, http://www.wsav.com/