NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans police say a 16-year-old has been charged in connection with a fatal double shooting.
Police said in a news release that the juvenile was arrested on two counts of second-degree murder, for an aggravated battery shooting that occurred Monday.
Police discovered two adult victims suffering from several gunshot wounds inside a vehicle. Both victims were pronounced dead at the scene.
News outlets report that the Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office identified the victims as 36-year-old Chantelle Johnson and 51-year-old Darren Cheneau.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
- Man who tried to breach FBI office killed after standoff
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Police spokesman Beau Tidwell says investigators do not believe the shooting to be gang-related.